There is a very real need for caregiver resources as the challenges that caregivers face are broad and can be overwhelming.
"Aging Matters" is a joint project among Transitions GuidingLights, Transitions LifeCare, and local Raleigh news station WPTF. This wonderful radio show helps you navigate the many choices and issues we face as we age or as we care for an aging loved one.
Show Notes & Caregiver Resources
- According to a recent Pew Research Center study, 4 out of 10 Americans are caring for an older adult with a chronic condition and 50% of Americans anticipate doing so at some point.
- Key Takeaway: Consider beginning the conversation about end of life care with loved ones before they are critically ill or in crisis.
- If you or your loved one has been diagnosed with a chronic condition, regardless of age, consider end of life planning,
- Guiding Lights Caregiver Support Center has been designed solely with caregivers in mind. It is their goal to have the very best resources and means of support for all local family and professional caregivers, that they might maximally diminish the fear, doubt, and overwhelming stress that accompany this very important aspect of family life.
- Transitions LIfeCare cares for individuals and families with compassion, support, and expertise as they navigate the end of life or life-changing illness. Wherever you or a loved one may be on a path of a serious illness or grief, Transitions LifeCare surrounds you with a comprehensive circle of expert care and support. It’s your life. It’s your choice.