Do you know the appropriate precautions to take to prevent colorectal cancer? The doctors at Generations Family Practice are here to help with colon cancer screenings for men in Cary, NC at our clinic.
If you are male and in your 50s or older, we recommend scheduling an appointment for your screening during your annual physical. If colon cancer is in your family’s medical history, it may be best for you to begin screenings sooner. That way, we can catch any problems and provide a more effective treatment.
Our doctors can provide the following types of colon cancer screenings in Cary:
- High-Sensitivity FOBT (Stool Test). Stool tests detect blood in your stool. We will provide a test kit, and you’ll return a sample to us for diagnosis.
- Stool DNA Test. You will submit an entire bowel movement sample to us to be sent to a lab and checked for cancer.
- Double-Contrast Barium Enema. The doctor will administer an enema with barium, then an air enema, which both create an outline around your colon. That way, your colon is more visible during an X-ray.
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy. A short, thin, flexible tube is inserted into your rectum in order to check for cancer or polyps inside the rectum and part of the colon.
- Colonoscopy. Similar to a flexible sigmoidoscopy, this tube is longer and checks the rectum and entire colon.
- Virtual Colonoscopy. These can produce images of your entire colon via X-rays.
Prevent Colon Cancer in Cary with the Help of Generations Family Practice
Whether or not you are experiencing symptoms of colorectal cancer, it is important that you receive a yearly screening for colon cancer in Cary. Schedule your appointment with us today by contacting (919) 852-3999. Ask our doctors to find out which type of cancer screening is right for you, or to learn more about the men’s health care that we offer.
Generations Family Practice provides men’s health care, including colon cancer screenings, in Cary, NC and the surrounding areas.