Preventative care is a critical part of maintaining a healthy and active life. Is it time for your regular physical? Maybe you need a check-up for sports. Perhaps you’re ready for your seasonal allergy or flu shot. Your provider at Generations Family Practice in Cary will take the time to make sure you get the right wellness and preventive care.
- Annual Physicals and Check-Ups: Preventative care starts with physicals, during which we can check for any early warning signs of disease or health conditions. Each year, we’ll examine your vital signs, vital organs, and check your blood. This visit is a good time for you to bring up concerns or questions about both your physical and mental health.
- Comprehensive Women’s Healthcare: Our team of female doctors and medical professionals offers annual breast and pelvic exams, full GYN services, menopause therapy, and more to help you treat and prevent the diseases and health conditions unique to women.
- Well-Child Check-Ups: A sick child is a good reason to visit the doctor, but it’s essential to see us each year for a well checkup. During this appointment, we will keep your child’s vaccines up to date and confirm his or her development is on schedule. Parents are invited to bring their questions or concerns as well.
- Sports Physicals: Not just for students! If you’re about to undertake a new sport or activity, stop in for a physical and ask us about any problem areas. This physical exam and check of your medical history will help us confirm you’re fit to participate. We can help you prevent injury by recommending specific stretches based on past injuries and adjust medication (such as inhalers, for example) if needed so you can stay active. For students, we can complete the necessary preparticipation physical examination (PPE) required by many teams and schools.
- Care for Older Adults: Aging is not an easy process. Our team strives to make it as dignified as possible and inform you about what to expect and watch for as you age. Preventative care keeps chronic conditions in check, making it easier to remain active as long as you wish.
- Weight Loss Consultation: Weight loss is not easy, especially with the latest fad, diet, or exercise routine all over the Internet promising fast results. Every person is different, which is why we want to talk to you about your weight loss goals and challenges and then design a program for you. As your doctors, we know your history, which can make a difference in what foods and activities you rely on to lose and then maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle.
- Immunizations and Vaccines for adults and children: If you have children, you’re familiar with the vaccine schedule, but this prevention doesn’t stop after age 18. Adults and children both need to visit our office regularly to stay up to date on immunizations. This might be your annual flu shot or a booster Tdap booster. Ask us about needed vaccines for you and your child.
Please remember to check with your insurance company regarding your preventive care services benefit coverage.