Telehealth at Generations
At Generations our focus is on patient care, whether in person or via telemedicine. Here’s what you can expect regarding your telehealth appointment:
- When you contact Generations to schedule an appointment, you may be offered a telehealth “virtual visit” based on your history and symptoms.
- The telehealth appointment will be scheduled like any other appointment; you’ll be sent reminders via text or email if you request it.
- Fifteen minutes before the appointment, you’ll receive an email with a link to start the appointment. This will take you to further instructions and forms to complete, including one consenting to be treated by telemedicine.
- At the appointed time, you’ll enter a “virtual waiting room” — but you won’t be able to “see” any other patients.
- When ready, the provider will electronically invite you to enter the “exam room”
- From that point on, the visit will proceed in the typical manner, with questions, responses, recommendations and, if appropriate, prescription for medications or recommendation for a follow-on appointment.
- Your visit will be documented as a permanent part of your medical record, available later to your current or any future provider.
Want to know more? See our telehealth FAQ list