Generations Family Practice Provides COVID-19 Care for the Entire Family
The Best in COVID-19 Care
Were you or your child exposed to COVID-19?
If you suspect recent COVID-19 exposure and are experiencing the following symptoms, call 911 so you can be transported to the nearest emergency department for evaluation:
- Extreme difficulty breathing (for example, cannot speak in a full sentence or walk across the room without having to stop to catch your breath)
- blue lips, face, or skin
- severe chest pain
- confusion, new-onset slurred speech, or seizure activity
If You Have Mild or Moderate COVID-19 Symptoms
If you or your child has mild symptoms of COVID-19, you need to be evaluated by a provider who can assess your symptoms, recommend appropriate testing and COVID-19 care:
- Fever or chills
- New or worsening cough
- Trouble breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Your Safety is our Top Priority
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to adversely affect our community, for the health and safety of our patients and our staff, we have implemented several protocols for different symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please do not neglect your health out of fear, we want you to feel comfortable about receiving healthcare. Several options are now offered, including phone consults, telehealth/virtual visits and in-office visits.
- We strive to keep the main office a “safe” zone; all patients are screened with a series of questions and we are taking temperatures in the lobby prior to entering the waiting area. Additionally:
- Air Disinfection Biosecurity (ADB) systems in our HVAC systems that deactivate all airborne and surface pathogens.
- We have implemented social distancing within our waiting area by limiting available seating.
- All surfaces are sanitized several times throughout each day.
- All patients with respiratory symptoms will be seen via drive-thru protocol. This allows a provider and nurse to do an office visit and testing from your vehicle. We also have ADB rooms available in the office if the provider needs to do a more detailed exam or treatment.
- We are testing for COVID-19. We offer antigen testing prior to office visits and PCR testing for confirmation.
About COVID-19 Telehealth Visits
Telehealth, using your home computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone with a camera and secure internet connection, is the preferred method to conduct a visit with your provider.
This is appropriate to evaluate mild and most moderate illnesses, manage ongoing conditions like high blood pressure and diabetes, refill medications that require monitoring visits, and even perform Medicare annual wellness visits!
Many insurance companies are covering telehealth visits during the pandemic, including BCBS, Aetna, Cigna, United Healthcare, Medicare and Medicaid. We recommend you check with your insurance carrier for further details.
Find out more about this new offering at Generations by visiting our Telehealth Appointments page or our Telehealth FAQ list
Other COVID-19 and Long COVID Resources
- North Carolina COVID-19 Vaccine Options
- For local news updates and guidance, see the Wake County COVID-19 page.
- Statewide views can be found on the North Carolina DHHS page.
- Call the NC DHHS vaccine helpline at 888-675-4561, Monday to Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Weekends 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Click Find Your Spot to Take Your Shot
- An even broader perspective is available from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we work to keep both you and our staff healthy during this challenging time.